Labneh is thick and spreadable, made by straining bio yoghurt to produce a tangy, creamy cheese. Here are 7 ideas for how to use your labneh!
- Delicious for dips and spreads, labneh is traditionally used with olive oil and Zatar (a middle eastern blend of herbs and spices), but a twist of salt and pepper works great too
- Flat-leaf parsley, tarragon or fresh mint are wonderful chopped up and scattered over the top, as are finely chopped radishes and sea salt
- Blend with roasted peppers for a flatbread or jacket potatoes topping, or to serve alongside grilled or roasted meat
- Season with herbs of your choice, lemon juice and garlic to use in a Spanakopita with filo pastry
- Swap it for Mascarpone in your favourite cheesecake recipe, the result will be tangier and a great contrast to sweet, fruit toppings
- Stir into cooked dishes such as pasta
- Use as a topping for cakes and buns